As an integral part of the University of Chicago Polsky Center’s Science and Technology team, the Technology Development Manager develops and manages strong relationships with faculty across the University. The Manager actively solicits and evaluates inventions and software arising from University research for intellectual property protection and commercial potential, prioritizing projects according to commercial opportunities and revenue requirements. Technology Development Managers are responsible for a diverse portfolio of technologies and work in a growing team of patent, contract, business development, and entrepreneurship specialists to protect and license inventions to existing companies and startups. New hires are expected to develop strong relationships with inventors, legal counsel, prospective and current licensees, and Polsky Center colleagues to promote the mission of the University of Chicago and its Polsky Center to catalyze ideas into impact.
- Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.
- Advanced degree, preferably in biological sciences; will also consider computer science, bioengineering, molecular engineering, chemical engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 5-7 years of work experience in a related job discipline.
- Background with technology transfer and commercialization, including internship or fellowship programs, in university or industry setting preferred.
- Proficiency with computers.
- Excellent customer service and relationship skills, particularly with academic faculty members.
- Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communications.
- Attention to detail with clear understanding of how to prioritize workload appropriately.
- Excellent analytical and computational skills.
- Work well under pressure and manage multi-task projects.
- Work independently with a high degree of initiative.
- Work effectively within a team.
- Maintain confidentiality.
If interested, you can read more at https://gardnerisp.com/technology-development-manager-university-of-chicago-polsky-center-for-entrepreneurship-and-innovation/. Email Tom Sweetman with any questions and to apply: Tom@gardnerisp.com.